Flood Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Flood Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Flood Insurance Information
Flooding can be a devastating and costly event for homeowners. It can cause significant damage to your home and belongings, leaving you with the burden of repairs and replacement costs. Unfortunately, many standard homeowners insurance policies do not cover flood damage, so flood insurance is essential.
What Does Flood Insurance Cover?
Flood insurance helps cover damage to property caused by flooding. Typically, flood insurance will cover losses from overflowing rivers, streams and other bodies of water, as well as from heavy rain, snowmelt and storm surges.
Flood insurance policies generally cover two types of property: buildings and personal belongings. Building coverage typically includes the physical structure of the building, as well as its foundation, electrical and plumbing systems and major appliances. Personal belongings coverage may include the contents of a home, such as furniture, clothing and electronics.
What Is Not Covered by Flood Insurance?
While flood insurance provides essential coverage for damage caused by flooding, some types of losses and damages are generally not covered by flood insurance policies. The following are some examples:
Is Flood Insurance Necessary?
- Damage to personal property outside of an insured building, such as cars, landscaping or swimming pools
- Loss of income or business interruption due to flooding
- Damage caused by moisture, mildew or mold that could have been prevented by proper maintenance or repairs
- Currency, precious metals and valuable papers such as stock certificates or bonds
- Losses resulting from earthquakes, landslides or other earth movements
- Additional living expenses incurred while the home is uninhabitable due to flooding
- Damage to underground structures such as basements or crawl spaces
Flood insurance is highly recommended in Louisiana, as the state is prone to flooding due to its low elevation and location along the Gulf of Mexico. In fact, Louisiana has the highest average annual precipitation of any state in the country and is also vulnerable to storm surges and hurricanes. It’s important to note that even if you don’t live in a designated flood zone, you may still be at risk of flooding.
We Can Help
The Esplanade Insurance Agency can help you with a flood insurance policy that gives you the protection you need for your home. Call us today at 504-273-1500
to get started.